Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Butchart Gardens Tour

Butchart Gardens Tour


Butchart Gardens is the largest Gardens that I have ever seen. There were different themes for all the gardens, and each had very different species of flowers and trees, many from different parts of the world.  They were all beautiful and strong, and so of them are rare varieties that I have never seen in Asia.






At Butchart Garden, we also had an ongoing competition. The competition was to interview as many people as possible and videotape our interviews.  This was a very interesting competition because although it wasn’t easy to just walk up to strangers and ask them to be interviewed by us, it was also great to meet so many different people from all over the world.  We worked in rotating teams of two. This means that every hour we changed partners, and when Mimi collected all of the interviews, she rated them based on how much we spoke with others.    


Takky took GOLD, and won 25.00, Carmen took SILVER and got 15.00, and Billy and I got BRONZE, so we had the rest of the trip to break the tie, we never did! We would have won 10.00 CDN if we had!  What I really liked about this competition was meeting people from all over the world. 




I interviewed people from the United States, the Philippines, and Portugal. I was also very impressed with how nice and respectful everyone, and how willing they were to help us, so I think this was a good opportunity to talk to people we didn’t know before, don’t you? After talking with them, I found myself become more and more confident in speaking English and initiating conversations.




When we had discussed this activity in class, Mimi had us video practice making conversations with each other by pretending that we were strangers, and what types of questions would we ask.





 We practiced meeting people our own age, people older, other travelers, and I found that although it was good to practice it, doing it live was so different and such a great learning opportunity.  

What a wonderful day!





Please keep following my blog!
You can also follow my status on Instagram!
Instagram: ahmycchow


💛See you! Love Ya!💛

No comments:

Post a Comment